Tuesday, 24 November 2015

The End of Television?

I'm sure we can all agree that T.V is no longer in its prime. Back when I was growing up (like hundreds of years ago), the first thing I would do on a weekend morning is hop on that good ol' television and watch those morning cartoons. 

Now, the first thing I do when I wake up is hop on my phone- regardless of weekday or weekend. The thing about smartphones, tablets and laptops is that they have way more options compared to TV. You can watch your favourite TV shows and ONLY your favourite TV shows.(I was never a big fan of having to sit through TV commercials). You're done with watching shows? You can watch your favourite YouTubers, live streams, text friends- heck! you can even read a good book! The list goes on. Which begs the question, do we really need TV?
 

Well believe it or not, TV is dying. And believe me, it will be dearly missed. May it entertain audiences of all ages in the sky. Here's the thing, with things like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube, TV just can't attract the amount of people it used to. On top of that, With YouTube Red being born, TV's funeral can be even closer than we thought it would be. Not only will YouTube will be free of those darn ads, you can even watch videos offline.There will be no need to watch TV when the WiFi is down.  

However TV still has it's uses- for now. the biggest one being anything being live. Now I know what you're thinking, "But Roen there's this thing called live streaming!" and I agree but here me out. Many live streams I've experienced included hiccups, lag or just poor quality in general. And don't even get me started on trying to watch a live stream of a boxing match. So here's this, though TV isn't as popular as it used to be, it still has some value to us- for now. Maybe saying TV is dying is a bit too harsh , I'd say TV is slowly dying.    
      

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same and agree with your point. The only thing i would get a tv for would be for that 4k and up. so i rate this report 8/10 m8

    ReplyDelete