This specific service raised some eyebrows and caused a lot of questions. I'd assume that after reading the title of this blog, you would know which question I'm about to answer. So would I really pay $10 just to remove ads? Sadly for YouTube the answer would be a big fat no. Let's face it, I'm a high school student, I don't have the money to pay YouTube just to remove ads. And yes, my parents refuse to pay a lot of things for me so I have to pay for myself. But here's the thing, paying $9.99 a month just to remove ads seems a bit ridiculous considering that ads are either only 30 seconds or that you just have to wait 5 seconds to skip the ad. It really isn't much of a bother, especially compared to TV commercials.
So does that mean YouTube Red is a bust and a waste of money? Not exactly. Remember when I mentioned that YouTube Red included other features? Well according to multiple reputable sources, YouTube Red also includes offline viewing of videos, being able to listen to videos while your mobile device is off and free access to Google Play Music. Interestingly the same goes vice versa. If you're currently paying for Google Play Music, YouTube Red is free of charge. In turn, this deal gives you the ability to stream music and watch YouTube videos ad free just for $10 a month. Now that sounds like a way better deal.
So here's my true answer. Would I pay $10 just to remove ads? No. Would I pay $10 to remove ads, download videos for offline watching and music streaming? Well honestly, it seems like a good deal. It sounds like YouTube Red can be a promising and successful service.
Now what about the advertisers perspective? Now at first, it would seem that having ad free videos would decrease the sales of whatever product of service that is being advertised. Though this can be correct, not many people really dedicate their attention to advertisements anyway. In most cases if an individual had an opportunity to skip an ad within 5 seconds they probably would. However, unskippable ads were introduced and are on the rise to this day due to people using ad block and other ad blocking software. Although unskippable ads are being more and more common, whenever someone is encountered with an unskippable ad, they either averted their attention to an activity that was more interesting or watched the ad just to enjoy the video they intended to watch. To some things up, advertisers would do just fine without YouTube as a medium to attract customers, considering YouTube probably wasn't a great medium to attract customers in the first place.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete